st: RE: calculation of area under curve with stata

From   Joe Canner <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: calculation of area under curve with stata
Date   Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:12:10 +0000

Elmir,

One possibility, in addition to that already suggested is this:

. logit outcome predictors
. lroc

You can also compare AUCs using:

. logit outcome predictor1
. lroc
. predict xb_predictor1 if e(sample), xb
. logit outcome predictor2
. lroc
. predict xb_predictor2 if e(sample), xb
. roccomp outcome xb_predictor1 xb_predictor2, graph summary

You can compare more than two AUCs as desired; just repeat the -logit-, -lroc-, -predict-  sequence.

Regards,
Joe Canner
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine