RE: st: Stata Probit performance

To   [email protected], Stata <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata Probit performance
Date   Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:31:33 -0500

At 02:18 PM 10/10/2013, Ozgur Ozdemir wrote:
Hi,

I am looking something similar to R-Square of OLS. To understand the good of fit.

Is there anything else apart from Hosmer-Lemeshow goodnes of fit ?

thanks, Ozgur

probit and tobit automatically provide McFadden's Pseudo R^2 (at least if you not using svyset data). The user-written fitstat command (get the version that is part of spost9, i.e. type -findit spost9-) offers several other fit statistics. You can also get BIC and AIC statistics from stata. For a discussion, see

http://www3.nd.edu/~rwilliam/xsoc73994/L05.pdf

http://www.statisticalhorizons.com/r2logistic