st: storing beta coefficients for interactions in estout

From   Laura Gibson <[email protected]>
Subject   st: storing beta coefficients for interactions in estout
Date   Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:28:26 +0000

Hello,

I'm enjoying using the estout package to automatically print my estimates to files - and have quickly begun to rely on the speed with which output can be transferred to Excel. I discovered today that although betas for interactions specified by ## will print in the results window, I cannot seem to find where that estimate is saved in order to add it to my stored estimate for later printing.

So this works for getting the betas for the interactions:

reg dv i.iv1##i.iv2, beta

But if I store the estimates and estadd beta:

eststo: reg dv i.iv1##i.iv2
estadd beta
estout, cells(beta)

Only the betas for the main effects (not the interactions) are stored, and thus printed.

Any ideas how to access the stored beta coefficients for the interaction?

Thanks so much,
-Laura

Laura Gibson, PhD
University of Pennsylvania