Re: st: Beginner Q: 7mil obs - how to add variables

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Beginner Q: 7mil obs - how to add variables
Date   Tue, 08 Oct 2013 15:37:24 -0400

as far as I can understand you, what I sent gives you what you want
(though Scott's answer does also and compresses several steps into 1)

the display command you used just shows the result in the first
observation; did you look at the data? e.g., -browse tailnum distance
newvar-

to go the rest of the way to your graph:

sort tailnum
gr whatever if tailnum!=tailnum[_n-1]

or any of several other ways of reducing

Rich