RE: Re: st: RE: Plotting interactions

From   Amal Khanolkar <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Re: st: RE: Plotting interactions
Date   Thu, 3 Oct 2013 10:35:07 +0000

If I understand correctly, marginsplot can only be used for continuous variables? Or is it only the outcome of interest needs to be continuous but the covariates maybe categorical (and interactions terms specified between categorical variables)?

Thanks,

/Amal.
From: [email protected] [[email protected]] on behalf of Richard Williams [[email protected]]
Sent: 01 October 2013 17:45
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: st: RE: Plotting interactions

At 09:14 AM 10/1/2013, Ariel Linden, DrPH wrote:
>Why not just use -margins- after running the regression, and then display
>the estimates using -marginsplot-?

Consider too Patrick Royston's new -mcp- (aka -marginscontplot-)
command described in the latest issue of the Stata journal and
available via -findit-. I find that it can save a few steps over
-margins-, and that it can do some things I am not sure how to do
otherwise. The article came out just as i was discussing such issues
in class so I quickly put together a handout with some highlights:

http://www3.nd.edu/~rwilliam/xsoc73994/Margins03.pdf

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]