Re: st: Multiple imputation: conditional option using categorical variables

From   A Loumiotis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Multiple imputation: conditional option using categorical variables
Date   Tue, 1 Oct 2013 08:57:28 +0300

Hi Martijn,

No, it still works but as I noted in my previous message you have to
make sure that you set price to the pre-determined value whenever the
condition does not hold.  In this case you have to set price to zero
whenever inlist(rep78,2,3) before running -ice-.  Here is the modified
code:

*** Example starts
sysuse auto, clear
set seed 12345678
replace rep78=. if runiform()<.1
replace price=. if runiform()<.1
replace price=0 if inlist(rep78,2,3)
replace price=. if rep78==.
ice m.rep78 price mpg, cond(price:inlist(rep78,1,4,5)) saving(catexam,replace)
use catexam, clear
sort _mi _mj
browse
*** Example ends