st: RE: RE: Unexpected error from -merge-

From   "Radwin, David" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Unexpected error from -merge-
Date   Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:22:09 -0400

Yes, and please consider using -isid-, which detects missing values as well as duplicate values. Occasionally this may save you from trouble. For example:

. clear

. set obs 100
obs was 0, now 100

. gen cbhiind=_n in 1/99
(1 missing value generated)

. duplicates report cbhiind

Duplicates in terms of cbhiind

--------------------------------------
   copies | observations       surplus
----------+---------------------------
        1 |          100             0

. isid cbhiind
variable cbhiind should never be missing
r(459);

David
--
David Radwin