Re: st: Specification of Parametric Hazard Models in Stata

Subject   Re: st: Specification of Parametric Hazard Models in Stata
Date   Thu, 19 Sep 2013 23:12:55 -0400

There is no problem here.

I presume you refer to Table 1 in the Manual entry for -streg- (p. 383
Stata 13). It shows neither hazard function probability density
function for any of the distributions (except the exponential, for which
lambda is the hazard function). So there's no evidence in the table for your
statement about what Stata does or does not enter into either type of
function. In fact, the Manual presents the hazard functions in the
following sections, showing they do indeed contain auxiliary parameters,
when present. And, so do the pdfs, since pdf = Survival x hazard.

You might be thinking that the "Parameterization" column shows the
hazard function. It doesn't. It shows how the contribution of covariate
is parameterized in each model. The lambdas in that column are parameters
in the models, not functions of time.

A minor point: there's no "p" in the parameterization of the log-logistic
distribution; I presume you meant the Weibull.

Steve