st: RE: Competing risk calulations based on stratified Cox model

From   Kieran McCaul <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Competing risk calulations based on stratified Cox model
Date   Wed, 18 Sep 2013 16:36:32 +0800

-stcompadj- is a user-written program.  There are ancillary files that can be downloaded as well and one of these is a PDF file that outlines the general approach used.

If you look at Pages 6 and 7 of this PDF file, you can see how the data is set up for analysis using standard cox models.
Why not try doing this and test proportionality in each of the models?  Then try the combined model (bottom of page 7) with the stratum variable needed for the competing risk analysis plus the variables that you need to stratify on.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Christel Häggström
Sent: Wednesday, 18 September 2013 4:08 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Competing risk calulations based on stratified Cox model

Dear statausers,

I am going to perform a competing risk analysis, and plan to use stcompadj for the ability to adjust for covariates. I have previously calculated hazard ratios with the same material with stcox and there are some covariates not satisfying the proportional hazard assumption which has been stratified for within the Cox model (strata option).

I planned to use the same model for cumulative incidence calculations, but have not found an option within stcompadj how I can handle the covariates not satisfying proportional hazards assumption.  Any suggestions?  Or any alternative commands to use?

Thank you for the consideration.
Christel