Re: st: Relative Paths in Stata 12

From   Conor Hughes <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Relative Paths in Stata 12
Date   Fri, 6 Sep 2013 01:39:20 -0400

Robert, thanks for the tip with -project-, it seems to have a number
of great features besides just relative paths. It should be very
useful.

While that should solve my issue, I am still a bit puzzled as to how
relative paths end up working in some cases. I went back and re-ran
the exact same code with relative paths on my other Mac running Stata
10, and had no problems. A team member running Stata 10 on a different
Mac also had no problems with it. Additionally two colleagues I spoke
with today said they'd successfully used them in the past, but gave up
the practice after encountering similar issues to mine. Anyway, from a
practical standpoint my question is answered. I am still curious about
why it works in certain cases, though.

Thanks again,
Conor