Re: st: Nemenyi test

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Nemenyi test
Date   Thu, 29 Aug 2013 08:19:57 -0400

Celia,

If you are not approaching your analysis via multiple comparisons, and
you want to compare the shift between the five groups, how do you
define "shift"?  Perhaps equivalently, how do you define the "typical
value" in a group?

Is the behavior of the data within the groups such that it is not
appropriate to use one-way analysis of variance (perhaps after
applying a transformation)?  If you are able to use one-way ANOVA, you
can take advantage of a variety of methods for assessing the
differences among the group means and dealing with the related
multiple comparisons.

David Hoaglin