Re: st: How to reference results from a big dataset within a program

To   [email protected], "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: How to reference results from a big dataset within a program
Date   Tue, 27 Aug 2013 18:15:54 -0500

I think you could tell people that simudata must be placed somewhere along Stata's adopath. Then the program could say -sysuse simudata-. My guess is that simudata.dta would have to be specified as an ancillary file in the installation package, which means that the user will have to do a little more work than usual to get the package installed.

Alternatively, how were the simulations done? If with drawnorm or something like that maybe you could include code that would recreate the data.