Re: st: RE: indicator variables from -by-

From   László Sándor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: indicator variables from -by-
Date   Mon, 26 Aug 2013 14:45:26 -0400

Yes, this is true, but bysort'ing my (Austin's) ado wrapper for the
(built-in) summarize to save the result should do the same thing. Or
you mean there are no `touse' indicators involved? If built-in
commands do by differently, then perhaps yes. But the -byable-
documentation suggests ado files do use `touse' indicators. Maybe not
a new one for each category but one and then use clever in'ing?
Probably.

All the more so, then: this cannot justify the order of magnitude
slowdown and running out of 220 GB free memory…