st: RE: RE:cart

From   "DeMichele, Matthew" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE:cart
Date   Thu, 22 Aug 2013 10:52:52 -0400

Hi Joe:
Thanks for the response. I know R seems to be the answer here. SPSS has CART as well. And, I see stata has a boost application, but no CART. Keep me posted on what you come up with.

Thanks, Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Joseph Luchman
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:49 AM
To: statalist
Subject: st: RE:cart

Hi Matthew,

  I too have searched and have yet to find another user written program for any sort of recursive partitioning algorithm other than - cart - for survival models.  I posted below some other threads on this topic.

  As the previous posters note, R is probably the way to go
(currently) with regard to recursive partitioning.

  I suppose that its worth noting that some colleagues and I are in the process of implementing some of the more rudimentary algorithms (i.e., CHAID) for Stata.  We will, of course, post on Statalist when uploaded to SSC and also link to the discussions below so that users will be warned of the limitations inherent in such procedures for inference.

- joe

Some previous posts on the subject:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-09/msg00241.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-10/msg00468.html
http://statalist.1588530.n2.nabble.com/st-classification-amp-regression-trees-td1663954.html

Joseph Nicholas Luchman, M.A.
----
Behavioral Statistics Lead | Fors Marsh Group
Email: [email protected]
forsmarshgroup.com
----
Doctoral Candidate