Re: st: bayesmlogit

From   Milena Przheska <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: bayesmlogit
Date   Wed, 21 Aug 2013 19:10:04 +0200

Hi Matthew,

First of all, I like to express appreciation for the package you
created. I was able to get the estimates.

As for the r(1400) that I got, I will be more precise - the error message was:

1927 (group size) take 674 (# positives) combinations results in
numeric overflow; computations cannot proceed

This happened when I tried to run the code on a data set that had 7708
rows for 4 levels of the group variable and 1927 unique values for the
identifier variable.
When I limited the scope of the data set to the first 2000 rows the
command was executed. The first part of the output was:

Bayesian Mixed Logit Model

Acceptance rates:
Fixed coefs              = 0.234
Random coefs(ave,min,max)= 0.070, 0.005, 0.267
Observations    =      2000
Groups          =       500
Choices         =         4
Total draws     =      1000
Burn-in draws   =         0

I did not see any limitations in the help file for the command, so I
didn't know  it could be a problem.

Best regards,
Milena