Re: st: panel data/no observations

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: panel data/no observations
Date   Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:55:36 +0100

I guess you need to identify the precise problem you have at present
before you can discuss how to solve it. Be advised that my knowledge
of contagion/spillover effects is zero; I couldn't even define them
for you, let alone advise on how to analyse them.

As you will know, however complicated your model, Stata needs to see,
in each observation, non-missing values for every variable you have in
the model. Here gaps could mean missings in -xtset- data as surely as
missings themselves. You could try creating each y and x variable
explicitly and then look at them any way you want.