Fwd: st: ordered dependent variable

From   Nicole Feliciani <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Fwd: st: ordered dependent variable
Date   Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:39:03 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicole Feliciani <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:22:41 +0200
Subject: Re: st: ordered dependent variable
To: Statalist <[email protected]>

Thank you very much for your suggestions Nick.
As you guess my variable is coded from 1 to 6 and I was thinking about
getting its conditional mean and the use it as the new dependent variable
with the xtreg command.
If  I understood rightly this is the tecnique suggested by
Ferrer-i-Carbonell and van Praag 2004, but I do not know how to implement
it in Stata.
Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

Nicole