st: New version of -intsomd- on my website

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, Boston Raymond <[email protected]>
Subject   st: New version of -intsomd- on my website
Date   Sat, 10 Aug 2013 20:45:56 +0100

Just to let you all know that I have now uploaded an updated version of my -intsomd1- document to my website (in the miscellaneous documents/unrefereed mathematical jottings section). This document is described as below on my website, and explains how Somers' D can be interpreted under 4 simple statistical models. The new version adds a subsection describing how Somers' D identifies interpercentile odds ratios of X with respect to Y, in an equal-variance Normal model where X is binary and Y is conditionally Normal. This package is not distributed on SSC because it is not a Statistical Software Component. I would like to thank Dr Ray Boston for suggesting the first version of this document in 2009.

Best wishes

Roger

--
Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics

package intsomd1 from http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/miscdocs

TITLE
      intsomd1: Interpretation of Somers' D under four simple models

DESCRIPTION/AUTHOR(S)
      This document outlines the interpretation of Somers' D of Y with
      respect to X under four specific models, namely binary X and Y,
      binary X and continuous Y with a constant hazard ratio, binary X and
      Normal Y with equal variance in both X-groups, and bivariate Normal
      X and Y. These interpretations enable users to understand the meaning
      of a confidence interval for Somers' D, and to transform that
confidence interval to derive an outlier-resistant confidence interval
      for an alternative parameter.

      Author: Roger Newson
      Distribution-date: 08 August 2013

ANCILLARY FILES                                     (click here to get)
      intsomd1.pdf
(click here to return to the previous screen)