st: RE: Cox regression for grouped survival data

From   "Muhuri, Pradip (SAMHSA/CBHSQ)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Cox regression for grouped survival data
Date   Thu, 8 Aug 2013 13:23:58 +0000

Hello,

The following article has also used Cox regression for grouped survival analysis of the NHIS-Linked Mortality Public Use Data Files.

"21st-Century Hazards of Smoking and Benefits of Cessation in the United Stateshttp://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa1211128#t=articleMethods

Recently, Steve Samuels (StataList) has suggested to me that I use complementary log log models (-cloglog-) for my analysis of the same data (mentioned above) but for a different topic.

The following is from Steve, " see the Lesson 6 link to discrete data analysis on Stephen Jenkins's fine web page "Survival analysis with Stata""
(http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/survival-analysis ).

Thanks,

Pradip

Pradip K. Muhuri, PhD