st: RE: General Robust Standard errors for hetroskedasticity and Serial Correlation

From   Timothy Mak <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: General Robust Standard errors for hetroskedasticity and Serial Correlation
Date   Thu, 8 Aug 2013 09:29:32 +0800

Hi Joe,

My understanding is that -robust- and -vce(robust)- are the same. They account for heteroscedasticity but not serial correlation.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Joseph Kwan
Sent: 07 August 2013 23:42
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: General Robust Standard errors for hetroskedasticity and Serial Correlation

Hi all,

I wonder if the robust command specify robust standard errors for serial correlation and hetroskedasticity?

If I do not know what the cluster variable should be, should I use the robust command instead for general form of hetroskadasticity and serial correlation?

So my question is vce(robust) or just robust?

Which one accounts for both hetroskedasticity and Serial Correlation?

Thanks