st: Simulating simultaneous equation data with lagged endogenous variables

From   Bob Reed <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Simulating simultaneous equation data with lagged endogenous variables
Date   Mon, 05 Aug 2013 16:23:32 +0000

Hi,

I want to simulate a 2-equation system where the DGP is:

1)      Y1 = a + b*Y2 + C*L.Y2 + error1

2)      Y2 = c + d*Y1 + e*L.Y2 + error2

The lagged Y2 terms are what is throwing me.  Can anybody tell me how I can program Stata to simulate data from this DGP?

Bob Reed

W. Robert Reed

Professor
Replications Co-Editor, Public Finance Review
Editor, ISRN Economics

Department of Economics and Finance
University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Christchurch
New Zealand
Phone: +64-3-3642846
Fax: +64-3-3642635
Email: [email protected]
Homepage: http://www.econ.canterbury.ac.nz/personal_pages/bob_reed/

View my Google Scholar profile

The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design. – F.A. Hayek

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.