st: Re: st: How do I suppress computatio​n of standard errors in stata gmm function?

From   Michael Barker <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: st: How do I suppress computatio​n of standard errors in stata gmm function?
Date   Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:40:10 -0400

Hi Howard,

I don't know of any way to switch off the standard error calculation,
but I would guess that doing so would not speed up the estimation very
much. If the GMM estimation is taking a long time, it is probably
spent in the minimization routine, finding the parameter estimates.
Once the minimization is complete, all of  the components to calculate
standard errors (gradients, etc.) have already been calculated.

When you run the estimator once, how much time elapses between the
final iteration and displaying results? That would be an upper bound
on the time savings from eliminating the standard error calculation.

Mike