st: Fwd: Analysing Panel Data Derived from Annual Surveys of Random Samples

From   KK L <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Fwd: Analysing Panel Data Derived from Annual Surveys of Random Samples
Date   Mon, 22 Jul 2013 10:05:11 +0800

Dear all,

I have been looking up on Stata website & internet but to no avail.
Hope someone can give me some pointers.

I am trying to analyse the impact of organisation restructuring on staff.
The data comes from an annual survey across a set of organisations,

It spans 5 years.
But each year different random samples of staff are sampled.
And it can not be known from the data whether the same staff has ever been
sampled.

Is this an unbalanced panel or rotating panel?
Can anyone please enlighten whether this data is suitable for panel data
analysis at all?

Most of the resources I found online are for balanced panel data.
Stata reference longitudinal data does not seem to mention anything on this.

Thank you very much in advanced.

Regards,
Ricky