Re: st: Combining graphs as is without resizing.

From   [email protected] (Vince Wiggins, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Combining graphs as is without resizing.
Date   Fri, 19 Jul 2013 15:32:17 -0500

Paul Seed <[email protected]> asks about combining two graphs "asis" --
without resizing.

> I have two graphs (aspect ratio 1 for each), generated as below. I
> have taken time over the size & position of all the labels, and I
> like the way they look.
>
> I wish to combine them in a single column into one graph, aspect
> ratio 2, without changing anything about either graph.  Is there a
> way to do it in Stata?  -graph combine- automatically resizes
> everything.  I would like a -graph combine, asis- option.

I apologize for coming so late to this party, but I missed Paul's post
and was just made aware of it by a colleague.

Paul is right that -graph combine- does not support combining two
graphs exactly as they were originally drawn.  Even so, I think we can
get pretty close.  I suggest,

    . graph combine a b, cols(1) iscale(1) ysize(8)

Where:

    -- a and b    are the names of the original graphs

    -- cols(1)    requests a single column for the two subgraphs

    -- iscale(1)  specifies that the original font and marker
                  sizes be used

    -- ysize(8)   specifies that the graph be 8 inches high -- twice
                  the height of a default Stata graph.  Paul should
                  substitute twice his original graph heights for "8"

-- Vince