st: RE: RE: Fwd: Stata 13 ODBC problems

From   "Simmons, Nicole" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Fwd: Stata 13 ODBC problems
Date   Fri, 19 Jul 2013 15:18:55 -0400

But, you need to use the 32-bit version of StatTransfer even if you have a 64-bit computer!!! It works fine.

Nicole Simmons
Johns Hopkins University

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Gary M McClelland
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 1:37 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RE: Fwd: Stata 13 ODBC problems

Hi,

I avoid ODBC, especially that native to Windows.  Try a third-party ODBC product, maybe?  I cannot recommend one.

Or, if you don't need live data, maybe use StatTransfer.  You can call it in batch mode with the Stata "shell" command [also called from Stata as "!"].  I've written a little program for general use in our group that seeks StatTransfer in it's obscure locations and passes the parameters for the transfer to StatTransfer batch processor st.exe.  This works on 64 bit Windows and Office, 32 bit and any combination we've managed to install.  In my experience, StatTransfer is pretty robust to OS issues.

ODBC=="Oh Darn, Better Call support."

Gary M. McClelland, PhD
Department of Psychiatry
Feinberg School of Medicine
Northwestern University
(312) 503-3504
  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.