st: Save results from flexible frequency table in 'matrix like' format

From   Milena Przheska <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Save results from flexible frequency table in 'matrix like' format
Date   Wed, 17 Jul 2013 19:03:28 +0200

Dear members of Statalist,

I have not been able to find appropriate way to save and export
results from flexible frequency tables, so I kindly ask for your help.

I would like to save for later use, a frequency table with multiple
categorical variables, just like it appears in the result - like a
matrix. Also, I need to keep the names of the variables to mark rows
and columns.

The dataset consists of many observations and mainly categorical
variables (with some of them having tens of categories).

I have tried the following ways to save the result after creating
flexible frequency table:

Copying and pasting the table into word is not good because the
resulting table is very large;

Replacing the original data set with the frequencies does not give me
the matrix like format of the table;

Collapsing the data after frequency also does not work well, because
some of the variables are categorical and need to remain so, while
frequencies are summed;

The -matcell- option only worked with two-way frequency tables;

-return- and -ereturn- did not contain any matrices.

I would very much appreciate your suggestions and I thank you in advance.

Regards,
Milena Przheska