Re: Re: st: -mlogit- iterations not concave if not omitting intercept

From   "Filippo Maria D'Arcangelo" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: -mlogit- iterations not concave if not omitting intercept
Date   Fri, 12 Jul 2013 17:32:17 +0200 (CEST)

I finally decided to trim the categories from 16 to 10.
The model converges pretty well now. This way, I also hope to reduce the IIA. I know that 10 categories are probably still too many but I couldn't go with less.
Moreover, I took Maarten's advice not to remove the constant as there was no reason to do that (except for having the log likelihoods to converge, which is fairly not a good reason).
I still don't have completely clear why it worked, though.
Thank you,

filippo