Re: st: Nearmrg deleting unmerged observations

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Nearmrg deleting unmerged observations
Date   Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:03:18 -0500

<>

Hi Lara:

You can merge your dataset back to the "master" dataset and keep all the observations - here's an example that expands on the example in the help file:

*******************
**1:  create 'using' data**
webuse autoexpense.dta, clear
rename make make2
sa "using.dta", replace

**2:  merge to auto.dta by price**
sysuse auto.dta, clear
sa "master.dta", replace
nearmrg  using "using.dta", upper nearvar(price) genmatch(usingmatch) limit(50)
list make* price  usingmatch _m if inrange(_m, 3, 5)

drop _merge

**merge back to the master to get all the unmatched obs:
merge 1:1 make using "master.dta"

- Eric