Re: st: Time series non normal data

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Time series non normal data
Date   Sat, 6 Jul 2013 21:06:30 -0400

Perhaps your data, even in the log scale, are not normal simply
because real data are never normal.

In what way(s) do your data depart from being reasonably approximated
by a normal distribution? Some of the people who read this list may
have suggestions, but it will be easier for them to respond if you
explain the nature of the non-normality.

David Hoaglin