st: Updates to SSC

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Updates to SSC
Date   Fri, 5 Jul 2013 07:30:17 +0000

<>
Per a recent interchange between Sergiy and Nick Cox, I did manage to update some packages recently on SSC. When a package is added (e.g., labellacking) it becomes immediately available via the ssc describe and install commands. It also shows up on ssc new. But the links from that command do not work until the next day, as it requires an overnight update by IDEAS in St Louis. Likewise changes do not take immediate effect for Stata's own findit or search commands--they seem to require an overnight refresh. A strong reminder: do not install packages from a web browser!! A couple of recent emails complained of problems, and in both cases it was due to not using ssc install.

There are a couple of issues with recent updates yet to be resolved, but my Internet connection is not adequate for that at the moment. I will hope to deal with those and a number of other updates soon, but I will not be back in Boston until 13 July.

Kit

via iOS6