RE: st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Discrete choice in MATA

From   Henk-Wim de Boer <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Discrete choice in MATA
Date   Thu, 4 Jul 2013 14:06:06 +0200

Dear Mat,

Again, thanks a lot!
Yesterday, I did succeed in setting up the clogit in Mata and to derive the first derivative analytically (still struggling with the second order derivatives though).
Here, I have used the mixed logit code in the Stata journal "Adaptive Markov Chain Monte Carlo sampling and estimation in Mata" as an example. My code now looks as follow:

void logistic(todo, b, y, X, fv, g, H)
{
        U=rowsum(X:*b)
        expU = exp(U)