Re: st: Calculation of consistency-based intra-class correlation coefficient in Stata

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Calculation of consistency-based intra-class correlation coefficient in Stata
Date   Fri, 31 May 2013 09:43:12 -0400

-xtmixed- has an ICC postestimation command. You need to make subjects
random and raters fixed in the model specification. After running the
model it's just estat icc.

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Margaret MacDougall
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am very keen to efficiently tap into the information I require to
> calculate a consistency-based intra-class correlation coefficient (in in the
> notation of Fagot (1993), ICC(3,1)) for a two-way mixed model
> in which raters are fixed and subjects are random. SPSS allows for the
> specification of a wide range of types of intra-class correlation
> coefficients, including the one above, by means of simple point-and-click
> menu commands, which can be used to derive corresponding syntax. However, I
> am keen to use Stata in order that I can take advantage of other features
> offered by this package.
>
> I have already carried out a relevant search online and noted a similar but
> more general question to the list which dates back to 2011. The response did
> not provide me with the solution I am looking for, which is really just
> simply how to perform the calculations in Stata for the particular type of
> intra-class correlation (ICC) referred to above.
>
> I look forward to learning from Stata users who can help in this way.
>
> For the purpose of clarity, I would like to point out that I am using the
> expression 'consistency-based', to differentiate from ICCs based on absolute
> agreement.
>

> Many thanks
>
> Best wishes
>
> Margaret
>
> --

JVVerkuilen, PhD
[email protected]

"They were careless people, Tom and Daisy - they smashed up things and
creatures and then retreated back into their money of their vast
carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let
other people clean up the mess they had made." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald