st: RE: % of variance in factor analysis

From   Mash Hamid <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: % of variance in factor analysis
Date   Thu, 30 May 2013 09:19:26 +0000

Hi,

Thanks but my aim is to understand it but understand it in layman's terms not in statistical language. More googling has not helped and no pages are specific about what it stand for. My background is not in statistics thats why I am looking for a simple explanation.

Thanks

From: [email protected] [[email protected]] on behalf of JVerkuilen (Gmail) [[email protected]]
Sent: 30 May 2013 02:25
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: % of variance in factor analysis

More Googling will help but this is a good set of slides that isn't
misleading. I also recommend the discussion in:

James Lattin, J. Douglas Carroll, & Paul E. Green. (2003). Analyzing
Multivariate Data. Duxbury.

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Mash Hamid <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for this but this still does not help me understand it.

JVVerkuilen, PhD
[email protected]

"They were careless people, Tom and Daisy - they smashed up things and
creatures and then retreated back into their money of their vast
carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let
other people clean up the mess they had made." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald