Re: st: Re:population datasets availability and related user written programs

From   Michael Stewart <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re:population datasets availability and related user written programs
Date   Wed, 29 May 2013 19:35:30 -0400

Hi Dimitriy,
Thank you very much for the help.
So regarding my  my second questions: I wanted to know if any
Statalist reader knew of the any possible resources from CDC or
National center for health statistics where you can get datasets  for
different health conditions (like number of people with Diabetes
mellitus/prevelance of diabetes mellitus etc).
http://data.princeton.edu/eco572/--> answers the question partially.
But thank you very much.
Sincerely
MIke

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Dimitriy V. Masterov
<[email protected]> wrote:
> You can get quandl from ssc to download such data in Stata format.
> Instruction are here:
> http://www.quandl.com/help/packages/stata
>
> For example, to get annual population of US from 1950-2010 from the
> Penn World Tables, you would
> -quandl, quandlcode(PENN/USA_POP) clear-
>
> There are other health datasets for the US listed here:
> http://www.quandl.com/health/usa-all-health-indicators
>

> Your second question is too vague to be answerable. If you elaborate
> on the goals, you may get a better answer. In the mean time,
> definitely take a look at the Time Series manual, Introduction to Time
> Series Using Stata by Sean Becketti, and German Rodriguez's demography
> class notes (http://data.princeton.edu/eco572/).
>
> DVM
>
> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Michael Stewart
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Dear Statalist reader,
>>
>> I am trying to find options to download the population datasets (like
>> population is USA across years etc) from web.
>>
>> Also are there any good/must have  user written programs if you are
>> trying to estimate conditions across time( death statistics across
>> years ) in USA .
>>
>> --
>> Thank you ,
>> Yours Sincerely,