Re: st: Need help with working with multiple files

Subject   Re: st: Need help with working with multiple files
Date   Mon, 27 May 2013 20:23:23 -0400

Michael Steward ([email protected]):

You can loop, as Nick suggests. Put the data management tasks in
external do files, e.g. tasks1.do, tasks2.do, tasks3.do. Then something
like the following should work (not tested in Windows). See the help for
-include-. The big problem I anticipate is the mounds of output that
this could generate.

*********************************
local ds1 "c/data/dataset-1"
local ds2 "c/data/newdata/dataset-2" // etc.

local all ds1 ds2

foreach x in `all' {
   use `x', clear

   include tasks1