Re: st: Improving code speed

From   Luis Aguiar <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Improving code speed
Date   Thu, 23 May 2013 10:01:09 +0200

Hi George and Nick,

Thanks a lot for your responses.

Nick: Yes, the code works but there are indeed a couple of mistakes in
the one I copied. I actually use the command " mkmat epsilon if
id<=`reps' " after generating the variable epsilon (id is indeed _n in
a variable). The second line in your comment (b) should read " replace
x`i'=z + epsilon[`i',1] if id==`k'  " . Sorry about all that. Thanks
for your helpful comments though, I will try to incorporate them into
my code along with George's comments in order to speed things up.

George: Thanks for your suggestions as well. I wasn't sure if it would
be worth going into mata, but I will try it now. Your parallel code
seems very interesting too. Do you think it would go faster than using
mata?

Again, thanks a lot to both of you!

Cheers,
Luis