st: Trouble using - estimates store-

From   Benjamin Villena <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Trouble using - estimates store-
Date   Sat, 18 May 2013 15:01:49 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Statalist members,

I wrote an ado file that does the following:
(1) It transforms variables in a particular way, say compute X1=G(X) where X is the original variable
(2) It estimates a model using a user-written package (cmp) with the transformed variables X1
The code works fine. It stores coefficients and variance matrix into e(b) and e(V)... ereturn list shows the estimated values are preserved. But if I try -estimates store equation1- I get the following error

last estimation results not found, nothing to store
r(301)

I do not get it, how does Stata recognize there are estimates in memory? I believed that having e(b) and e(V) would be enough, but apparently is not. What am I missing here?

Thanks

Benjamin