Re: st: asarray_keys() error

From   Matthew White <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: asarray_keys() error
Date   Thu, 16 May 2013 17:22:36 -0400

Hi Sergiy,

Thank you for your reply. The help file on -asarray()- suggests that
it can handle collisions, though maybe it can't. It seems to me that
the only function that isn't working is -asarray_keys()-: even after I
use the keys ("type", "keep") and ("name", "char"), -asarray()- works
fine. I'm considering just creating my own matrix of keys:

mata:
A = asarray_create("string", 2)
// Create my own matrix of keys.
keys = "type", "keep"
asarray(A, keys[1,], 1)
keys = keys \ "name", "char"
asarray(A, keys[2,], 2)
// -asarray()- still works.
asarray(A, keys[1,])
asarray(A, keys[2,])
// I have the list of keys.
keys
// Though -asarray_keys()- still doesn't work.
asarray_keys(A)
end

Maybe I'll write a function that runs -asarray()- with a certain key
and adds the key to matrix keys, in order to reduce the number of
lines and to make sure that keys is always updated.

Best,
Matt