Re: st: Interpretation of the OSL regression coefficient of a proportion dependent and interaction independent variable with dummy

From   Nahla Betelmal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Interpretation of the OSL regression coefficient of a proportion dependent and interaction independent variable with dummy
Date   Tue, 14 May 2013 18:29:15 +0100

It is very kind to give my post another chance. Thank you very much.

there is an intercept and other control variables,I did not write them
down to draw the focus on the interaction term.

in the literature they use linear regression for such equation and data.

 in one related paper that studies the interaction between
overconfidence and R&D (research and development) on cash saving, the
interaction coefficient was 0.017, so they say "overconfident managers
are more likely to save  17 cents per dollar increased in RD more than
other managers"

so they multiple the coefficient by 100

As the interaction in my case is with a ratio (MB ratio) should I
expressed it in dollars terms as well or in different unit? I wonder
if I say : overconfident managers are more likely to mange earnings
5.69 cents per dollar increased in MB more than other managers , is
the right way ?

Thank you, and I totally I understand if I do not get any reply.

many thanks for giving the chance to share my concern

Nahla