Re: st: interpretation for negative and positive slope combination of interaction term

From   Nahla Betelmal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: interpretation for negative and positive slope combination of interaction term
Date   Fri, 10 May 2013 12:29:13 +0100

Thanks again, I will give it a go. However, back to the original
model, instead of describing the effect of MV on earnings management
by overconfident mangers in ratio terms, I think it is sensible to say
excessively overconfident bidders have a greater incentive to manage
earnings via accruals, approximately 5.96 cents more than rational
bidders for each dollar increase, for MV.

What bothers me is that MV has negative effect on earnings management
for rational managers (negative slope -0.056) and positive intercept,
while the effect is positive but really small (positive slope 0.003)
and it does not make sense to divide the two slopes in this case to
get the effect ratio. Well, I wanted to present the result in the
common way of ratios but I have to accept the mechanical aspect of
mathematics.

Many thanks for your reply and for the log advice

Nahla