Re: st: ssc problems? failed install of strgroup

Subject   Re: st: ssc problems? failed install of strgroup
Date   Thu, 9 May 2013 18:51:17 -0400

Hi,

in this case it might be a bug. I can only compare with the case of
-usespss- which
is marked as a Windows-only and when you attempt to install it from any other
platform Stata responds "nothing to install". That confuses many people, as you
would expect at least the help file to be available for all platforms.

In the meanwhile you can still download individual files manually from:
http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s457151.html

and rename an appropriate file to strgroup.plugin.

Best, Sergiy