Re: st: inter-rater agreement for multiple raters and continuous variables

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: inter-rater agreement for multiple raters and continuous variables
Date   Wed, 8 May 2013 20:50:56 +0100

I don't understand several details here.

How many variables do you expect to feed into a measure of agreement?

If each "chart" was assessed by 2 out of 3 raters, there are no
observations for which all three raters made an assessment. It seems
to follow that all you can do is cycle through the pairs of raters and
compare them.

Once you have several variables, it strikes me that an omnibus,
factotum or portmanteau measure of agreement is unlikely to be much
use.

-concord- (SJ) has been offered as a measure of agreement for
(approximately) continuous variables. I guess if this were my problem,
I would think about building up a matrix of concordance correlations.

There is stuff in the concordance correlation literature on overall
measures of agreement for several variables, but I've never been
tempted to add it to -concord-.