re: st: nnmatch

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   re: st: nnmatch
Date   Wed, 8 May 2013 11:12:46 -0400

I am really having difficulty understanding what specifically you are
inquiring about?

First off, you are requested to clarify what program you are using and where
you got it. In this case -nmatch- is a user-written program (findit nnmatch)
and the accompanying article
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=st0072

What is "FOLIO" and "idllave", and what do you mean by "location of the
data"?

If these are variables in the data that are not included in the command, or
are not included in the output, then you'll likely have to merge the output
data to the original data that includes these variables. It could also be
that you may need to encode() these variables if the programs you are using
do not recognize string variables.

That's as far as I can take this without more clarity from you...

Ariel