Re: st: marginal effects with interaction term gologit2

Subject   Re: st: marginal effects with interaction term gologit2
Date   Wed, 01 May 2013 10:25:55 -0500

This is an annoying limitation of gologit2. Unfortunately every time I try to change it I run into problems. Factor variables and the techniques gologit2 uses to impose proportionality constraints don't get along too well together.

You might check out the "do it yourself marginal effects" approach outlined on slides 28-30 of

http://www3.nd.edu/~rwilliam/stats/Margins01.pdf

I haven't tried it, but I think you would just have to add a few more lines to also compute the interaction terms when dummy = 0 and dummy = 1.

You may also be able to do things more directly with the adjust or margins command. It is pretty easy when the dummy = 0. Just set both the dummy and the interaction to 0. When dummy = 1, it is probably harder, although perhaps not so hard if you are willing to use MEMs rather than AMEs.

Whatever you do -- to make sure you did it right, try running a model with ologit and then run the same model in gologit2 using the -pl- option. If the marginal effects are the same then hopefully you have done it right.