Re: st: proportion meta-analysis

From   salil deo <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: proportion meta-analysis
Date   Mon, 1 Apr 2013 09:14:36 +0530

Hi ,

I have recently conducted a metaanalysis using state ...

if only one arm reports zero rate of an event, you can use the Bates
correction , you can find the reference for that on the net , this
correction involves using 0.5 as the events in the arm with zero so
that a risk ratio or odds ratio can be calculated , actually state
will do that for you if you are going to enter the data as events,
non-events ... the command for that is :

metan Estudy NE study Econtrol NEcontrol, randomi ... and then
followed by all the other commands for the forest plot

if you want to convert the risk ratio or odds ratio to log and SE and
then use those values as the raw data , then use the 0.5 correction
mentioned..

for preparing the forest plot ... you can set the limits of the x-axis
using the command xlab(0,1,10,100) etc. hence you can choose how you
want to prepare the plot

if got all this material from the state journal ... it is available
free on the net ... search for what you want and you will able to
download the pdf ... really helpful .. gives a full list of commands
with examples of how to analyze and prepare forest plots

salil