Re: st: [xtreg fe] [regress] clustered standard errors differ

From   Ryan Kessler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: [xtreg fe] [regress] clustered standard errors differ
Date   Sat, 30 Mar 2013 18:10:43 -0400

Your musing is spot on --- the discrepancy is due to a degrees of
freedom adjustment. But this isn't a bug.

webuse nlswork, clear
keep if _n <= 100
xtset idcode year
reg ln_w age i.idcode, vce(cluster idcode)
xtreg ln_w age, fe vce(cluster idcode)
xtreg ln_w age, fe vce(cluster idcode) dfadj

Mark Schaffer explains here -->
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-03/msg00335.html.

Ryan Kessler