st: if cmp crashes, let me know

From   "David Roodman ([email protected])" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: if cmp crashes, let me know
Date   Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:24:58 +0000

As I mentioned a few days ago, I've just posted a major upgrade to cmp. If the program is now crashing on you, it's probably my fault, especially if the errors look like this:

cmp_lnL():     -  function returned error
<istmt>:     -  function returned error

I suppose the potential for bugs in cmp grows quadratically with the number of features. I do test new versions before I post them, but I'm still an amateur operation, so instead of performing professional-grade pre-release testing, my model is to respond quickly to bug reports. Several people have reported bugs over the last week or so, and Kit has posted several updates for me.

So if you run into problems, first please make sure you have the absolute latest version by doing "ssc install cmp, replace" and restarting Stata for good measure. If that doesn't help, write to me, including exact data and code if at all possible.

Thanks.
--David