Re: st: RE: Using foreach and forval to append data files

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Using foreach and forval to append data files
Date   Tue, 26 Mar 2013 12:32:21 +0000

As a minute refinement, note that

foreach j in 1 2 8 {

is perfectly acceptable to Stata.

Nick

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Barclay Matthew (SHEFFIELD TEACHING
HOSPITALS NHS FOUNDATION TRUST) <[email protected]> wrote:

> You can append to an empty dataset, so
>
> clear
> forval i = 1/6 {
> foreach j of numlist 1 2 8 {
> append using `i'_`j'_results
> }
> }
>
> will do what you want.

[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tim Evans