st: polychoricpca

From   Shivani Wadehra <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: polychoricpca
Date   Sun, 24 Mar 2013 11:19:41 +0530

Dear statalister

While reporting the scores, I am also mentioning the eigenvectors,
just wanted to clarify that my scoring coefficients are the
eigenvectors only, right or when reporting them to be the factor
scores do I have to scale them by anything? I am using the command
'polychoricpca (variable list), score(index) nscore(1).
I am giving below the characteristics and also the eigenvectors
attached with them, looking at these can I say that 'availing credit/
loan (q414), beneficiary under insurance schemes, ownership of pump
sets, ownership of tractors' contribute most to the equation for
indexing.

Characteristic	Factor scores
availing credit/ loan (q414)	0.405001
beneficiary under insurance schemes (q419)	0.447046
years of education for household head	0.174885
member of a society (q439)	0.318971
ownership of livestock	0.330761
ownership of pump sets	0.382785
ownership of tractors	0.390981