RE: st: dividend programming question

From   "Khieu, Hinh" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: dividend programming question
Date   Sat, 23 Mar 2013 19:51:40 +0000

Nick,

Thanks so much for your prompt help.

Here's what I meant for question #2: Let's say I have firm A and firm B below. I want to create a binary variable called Omission. Firm B has dots, but Firm A do not have any records for div paid from 1997-2001.
FirmA                    Div paid	Omission
1995                     .10		0
1996                     .10		1
2002                     .15		0
2003                     .15		0
2004                     .15		0
2005                     .10		0
2006                     .10		0
2007                     .10		0
2008                     .10		0
2009                     .12		0
2010                     .12		0
2011                     .12		0
2012                     .15		0
FirmB                 Div paid		Omission
1995                     .10		0
1996                     .10		0
1997		.		1
1998		.		1
1999		.		1
2000		.		1
2001		.		1
2002                     .15		0
2003                     .15		0
2004                     .15		0
2005                     .10		0
2006                     .10		0
2007                     .10		0
2008                     .10		0
2009                     .12		0
2010                     .12		0
2011                     .12		0
2012                     .15		0

Again, I really appreciate any help here.

Regards,
Hinh